Hauraki Plains College is a rural school situated in the township of Ngatea, central to Auckland, Tauranga, Hamilton and the Coromandel.
We offer our young people:
We offer our young people:
- High academic achievement within a learning-focussed culture. Our NCEA pass rates are consistently over 95% at all levels. We encourage students to set high expectations with all aspects of their qualifications.
- A sense of I can, I matter, I belong, with high expectations and high support for each student.
- An emphasis on traditional values such as showing respect, taking responsibility for one's actions, being considerate of others and striving for personal best.
- Meeting the learning needs of each student from the very academically able to those who enjoy "hands on" learning.
- Developing the talents and interests of all our young people through a wide range of sporting, cultural and leadership and service experiences and opportunities.
- A "one student at a time" approach to tracking and monitoring academic progress, mentoring students, providing pastoral support and giving extensive guidance with establishing a career direction for their future.
Our Core Values
The vision, mission and values of Hauraki Plains College are represented by the enduring features of the Hauraki landscape and our school charter. The central metaphor, the river flowing out to the widening sea, represents our core mission: to prepare our students for a purposeful and hopeful future. Students are prepared for their futures when they become their best selves and develop a sense of identity, purposeful direction and meaningful contribution for their lives. Developing character, competence and community provide the framework for our work and in fulfilling the vision and mission of our charter, we are guided by the our core values.
"The school's positive culture for learning is underpined by shared values and high expectations for all. These are expressed in the 'Hauraki Way' and school mission statement, 'Excellence is Our Tradition'."
Doing Our Best Work
Working hard, digging in when the going gets tough, not giving up.
Doing the Right Thing
The Hauraki Way challenges us to do the right thing even if it is the hardest thing.
Flat Out and Loving it
Giving things a go, getting involved, participating and contributing.
Being Who We Are
Developing one's uniqueness while appreciating the unique talents and interests of others.
Leaving a Legacy
Seeking to make a difference.
Daring to Dream
Going after big goals and pursuing a purposeful career direction, aiming to go higher and further than what we think possible.
Honoring our Heritage
Appreciating our unique identity as Haurakians and as New Zealanders, understanding out place in the world.
Each for All
Our school motto and watermark which permeates everything we do, being and standing together.
Excellence is Our Tradition
Becoming our best selves, striving for, demanding and supporting excellence in all we are and do.